2023 BSG Young Gastroenterologist of the Year – Clinical and Translational Science

Congratulations to MDR’s Dr James Alexander for winning the 2023 British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG) Young Gastroenterologist of the Year – Clinical and Translational Science.

The award was presented to Dr Alexander at the BSG LIVE’23 annual meeting in Liverpool on 19th – 22nd June 2023.

Speaking about the award, Dr Alexander said: “I feel very honoured to have won this award. It recognises my research over the last few years in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and colorectal cancer. I was fortunate to play a central role in important multicentre studies of immunity following COVID-19 vaccination in IBD, which helped to shape public health policy and protect our immunosuppressed patients.

“I would like to thank my supervisors and colleagues at Imperial for their support and all the fantastic research teams and patients from across the UK who contributed to this work.”

The BSG Young Gastroenterologist of the Year – Clinical & Translational Science is designed to identify and promote talented trainee clinical scientists nationally in order to promote research and science in gastroenterology for the future.