Who is David Tang?

Summary

clinician keen on solving health problems by leveraging technology (including programming, data science, machine learning, and cloud technology).

Background

I qualified in Medicine in Australia. Since then, I have been in various healthcare settings, from tertiary to primary care. In my previous role, I was a dual nephrology and internal medicine registrar in Malaysia. In total, I have over seven years of active practice in the field. I bring the unique experience of having practised in a tropical, low-resource, and third-world setting.

Why should I read your programming stuff?

I am self-taught with Python, starting my journey in 2018. Since joining the MSc Health Data Analytics and Machine Learning course, I have picked up several other languages including R, Bash, SQL, etc.

Sir Dave Brailsford’s philosophy of “aggregation of marginal gains” is what I want to achieve with my skills. Sharing my tiny 1% improvement in programming is the point of this blog.

I guess this acts as both: a repository for me; and leaves breadcrumbs for others who want to follow in my steps.

More Info

See my full Imperial People page for more info.

My LinkedIn profile, should you want to connect or DM me.

Request an Imperial blog

Recently updated blogs

Blogs are listed in order of when they were last updated.