About Me

Leo Yang

tyy20@ic.ac.uk

(+886) 935989900

(+44) 7712279096

My name is Leo Yang and I’m from Taiwan, but I might not be the most typical Taiwanese you get to meet.

My story dates back to November 1999, when my parents made the business decision to expand into China. My twin brother and I were 7 months old when we first boarded an airplane (“You guys couldn’t even sit up straight” is how my mom describes it). We flew to a city called Xiamen and stayed there for 14 years. Occasionally, we would travel back to Taiwan and visit our grandparents during the holidays.

On the 15th year my brothers and I agreed we didn’t like our local high school education, and we set out on our adventure to Singapore to seek for better schools. It was our first time away from our parents, and we stayed in a boarding school. This experience had transformed me in every way possible. I became more independent, and learned to like Science thanks to my dorky Chemistry teachers there.

After graduating from high school, I went to the University of Hong Kong to pursue for a Bachelor of Science majoring in Food and Nutrition. However, this didn’t work out the way I intended, and I had to leave due to local political crisis. After taking a gap year, I reapplied through UCAS and enrolled in BSc Biotechnology at Imperial College London. I am forever grateful for this opportunity, and this blog is where I will record my life here at Imperial.