Fellowship Success

It’s been a while since I posted, and I have a few things I want to update on, but firstly I want to share some good news. Part of the reason for the lull in posting was because alongside working on Neuromap, I was writing an application to the NIHR Imperial BRC PhD Fellowship to enable me to continue this work. As there was only one available I was realistic about my chances of success, but with a lot of hard work on the application and support from my team, I was successful and have transitioned from the predoctoral fellowship into PhD studies!

This is a really exciting development for me as it means I can really do justice to the project, and will have a lot more time to learn and grow as a researcher and clinician. I’m really grateful for the support from my supervisory team, Paul Strutton, Caroline Alexander, Maurizio Belci and Athina Belsi, as well as the Imperial Healthy Charity who awarded me the predoctoral fellowship which was essential in enabling me to develop my PhD application, and the RDS (now the RSS) who helped me write it. I’m also grateful to my colleagues at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust who have been so supportive of my journey, and our collaborators at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust and the National Spinal Injuries Centre at Stoke Mandeville; I’m really looking forward to continuing to work with them on this project. Finally, thanks to the NIHR Imperial BRC, who have given me this amazing opportunity; I’m looking forward to the next 3 years!