In celebration of International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2020, we have partnered up with MatSoc (the Materials society) to host a panel event titled ‘ElectrifyingWomen: The past and present of women in STEM’.
The event will take the form of a talk given by members of the organisation ‘ElectrifyingWomen’ (from University of Leeds and Science Museum), on the extensive history of the contributions of women to STEM disciplines, that will lead into an informal panel discussion involving guests from a range of different STEM backgrounds who are leaders in their respective fields. Our panellists include:
- Dr Jess Wade (Imperial College department of Physics – PDRA and diversity in STEM advocate)
- Dr Elizabeth Bruton (Science Museum – Curator of Technology and Engineering)
- Dr Patricia Forcén (Zotefoams plc – Senior Technologist)
- Katharine Grant (Occupational Therapist for NHS Scotland)
- Dr Emily Rees (Electrifying Women and University of Leeds)
We are very excited to welcoming you all this Tuesday (11/02/2020) from 18:30 in City and Guilds Building LT 664, for an immersive evening on the history of women in STEM followed by networking over drinks, canapés and pastries!.
Please join us and sign up for a free ticket by clicking our poster below!