New guys in town

As one of the new STRATiGRAD students, now I have the privilege to contribute to this blog and leave my everlasting (well, not so much) mark on Imperial’s website !

Last month was mostly about settling in (moving into an unfurnished flat is pain in the .. IKEA), sorting out a bunch of administrative stuff, and trying to schedule meetings with my supervisor to clarify my project. Some say having a great title is half the battle, but I say it’s just 2 bloody lines of a 10 page long research proposal.  Btw my project’s title is “Integration and visualization of clinical-metabolic datasets for medical-decision making”, fancy right? I’m very excited about it, although I’m still not completely sure what will it entail but I’m getting there slowly through the meetings with some really helpful and nice people of the section and the college. So I’ll talk about it more next time, once I have a clear idea, and finished building up my buzz-word reference in the topic! Hopefully after clarifying my project aims and writing my research proposal I’ll become one of those fantastically boring guys who can talk for 10 minutes straight about his highly (ir)relevant research, very enthusiastically, even when no one has asked about it  x)

In the meanwhile I’m getting to know the old and new STRATiGRAD students and to my honest surprise they are all genuinely nice people.. I mean one would expect to find clever, driven and generally interesting people at ICL, but nice and fun as well? All of them? Something is fishy here.. I’m sure some of them have issues, like being anatidaephobic or hating Dutch people.. I suppose during this 3 years we’ll find out about all of those, won’t we 🙂

Oh, pictures! Blog posts need pictures. So here’s one about a dog. Everyone loves dogs!

The dog who saved Daniel by providing sufficient amount of pixels to his blog post to make it look long enough.. Well done, Bruno!

Sorry for being so unscientific, I’ll make up for it next time!

Daniel