Imperial offers several platforms and services to help track, curate and promote your research. These services are heavily integrated to the College systems, with the information and data being fed into a number of important platforms that will be fundamental in the Department and Faculty’s 2021 REF submission.
This blog will lay out what is expected of every member of staff that publishes research, how these systems work, where data is pulled to and from and, most importantly, the benefits for you and your future research. (more…)
Congratulations to Prof Francesca Cordeiro, who received the prestigious Duke Elder Award from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists at the their 2019 annual congress.
It’s Women@Imperial Week – an opportunity for us to celebrate the work and resilience of some of the women within our Department.
Taking maternity leave in an academic institution can often prove to be a bit of a Balancing Act. In our first piece in the series we talk to Dr Véronique Azuara, Reader in Stem Cell Biology. She has been working in the Department of Surgery and Cancer for over 12 years and, in that time, she has taken two career breaks in the form of maternity leave. In this blog, she discusses her experience of balancing academic and home life, improvements in return to work support and importance of female mentors.
Surgery and Cancer has 19 newly promoted academics who have been recognised as part of this years Academics Promotions round. Included in the list are 10 individuals who have been made Professor in Practice across a spectrum of areas. Applications were submitted in January with interviews held in April/May before final decisions were made by the Academic Promotions Committee in June. Huge congratulations to each and every one as listed below:
- Dr. Richard Abel Senior Lecturer
- Dr. Veronique Azuara Reader in Stem Cell Biology
- Dr. Maria Kyrgiou Reader in Gynaecological Oncology
- Dr. Daniel Leff Reader in Breast Surgery
- Dr. Maud Lemoine Reader in Hepatology
- Dr. Rohini Sharma Reader in Clinical Pharmacology & Medical Oncology
- Dr. Fernando Bello Professor of Surgical Computing & Simulation Science
- Dr. Hector Keun Professor of Biochemistry
- Dr. Christoph Lees Professor of Obstetrics
- Dr. Tom Bourne Professor of Practice (Gynaecology)
- Dr. Susan Clark Professor of Practice (Colorectal Surgery)
- Dr. Omar Faiz Professor of Practice (Colorectal Surgery)
- Dr. Shahid Khan Professor of Practice (Hepatology)
- Dr. David Nott Professor of Practice (Conflict Surgery)
- Dr. Mary O’Brien Professor of Practice (Medical Oncology)
- Dr. Brian Saunders Professor of Practice (Interventional Endoscopy)
- Dr. Tiong Ghee Teoh Professor of Practice (Obstetrics)
- Dr. Catherine Urch Professor of Practice (Palliative Medicine)
- Dr. Mary Wells Professor of Practice (Cancer Nursing)
You can find detailed guidelines on all the promotional opportunities available to all staff on the Departmental Promotions and Pay webpage.