The Three Mantras

Well, I guess its my turn again πŸ™‚ . In the past few weeks we have been preparing for our early stage review. Initially it felt it was just one of those milestones one has to jump through but how wrong I was. It has allowed me to rethink the aims of my project and to think about the best means of executing them.

I have also been thinking about what makes a great scientist over the past few weeks and it has become evident to me that everyone has their own way of getting there. However, there are three things that no professional scientist can ever avoid.

To:

1. Get the work done!

2. Write about your work

3.Talk about your work

As a PhD student, it was worth realising early on that you are an entry level professional scientist. As such, the three points metinoned above is something you will have to learn as time goes by. Sometimes this can be difficult to realise as most PhD students have usually been very good during bachelor and/or masters studies; and think that it will be a similar journey(but mastering these three point can be demanding) It is a steep learning curve!!!

Well, I need to do some lab work now πŸ˜‰ . Until next time πŸ™‚

Richie