Monday Love

Hello everyone,
Once again, it’s a Monday! Weekends tend to pass by so quickly in busy London, especially when there have been hints of sun (Vitamin D calling)! Even though, it’s not just the days that are nice in this amazing city!
By the way, I’m Sofia, one of the ‘’junior’’ STRATiGRADs! My project will be on carbohydrates, specifically the ones undergoing fermentation and their effect on blood glucose and insulin resistance combining work between South Kensington and the nutrition unit at Hammersmith Hospital.
As time goes by, days are getting busier here and Imperial is getting more interesting. Getting to know the people you are working with is even more. I can happily say that there is a lot of support, laugh together and many scientific questions. Exchanging knowledge in our own ‘’room’’ of the house. As part of the PhD, there are different seminars on NMR and MS organized by the department or courses offered by Graduate School.
In addition to these, there are many societies that you can join. Actually, there are so many that an indecisive person will end up joining none of them! This could be me sharing a personal experience! I am joking, cheese society has my full support as a dietician. Enough though with all that hilarious jokes I just made, in the end, all these different seminars and courses will be an asset in writing up a PhD thesis and developing our own type of researcher we want to be.
To sum up, as you have probably understood till now, I am what they call not a great writer!

This is a snapshot of fear while reading about faecal transplantation!

Have a nice week everyone!
Sofia