“We are excited to see this new Service Desk in operation providing first-hand IT services to our colleagues and students based at our White City and Hammersmith Campuses.” Okan Kibaroglu, Director of Customer Success
Our brand-new ICT Service Desk opened to much applause from staff and students based at White City Campus and Hammersmith Hospital Campus.
This excellent support service was opened by Jenny Rae, Chief Information Officer, Okan Kibaroglu, Director of Customer Success and Matt Heger, School of Public Health Manager.
Our First Line Support Team, headed up by Mylene Cannon, celebrated alongside the President of the Student Union Camille Boutrolle, and Haider Nazerali the Imperial College School of Medicine President.
The Service Desk can be found at White City in room G20 of the Molecular Sciences Research Hub (MSRH) Building behind the café, and is freely available to all of our Imperial community to use.
As part of the opening celebrations we laid on coffee and cakes, and chatted to our community about what they can expect from the IT support on offer.
Our students were happy to receive their ICT goodies, as well as finding out more about what we can help with, like:
- Connecting to the Wi-Fi
- Accessing your email account
- Mobile and laptop enquiries
- Downloading apps and installing software
- Campus print service
- Resetting passwords and staying safe online
- And much more!
Camille said, “This is a great service for our students”.
Now that the ribbon has been cut and the desk is officially open you can pop by between 08.30 – 16.30, Monday to Friday (excl. University closure days).
- ASK us online – imperial.ac.uk/ask
- Call us on +44 (0)20 7594 9000 (or x49000 from a campus phone)
- In-person at the Abdus Salam Library, South Kensington Campus
We would like to thank the collaborative efforts of the following people, who ensured the new Service Desk was designed, installed and completed in readiness for our staff and students to use safely:
- Mylene Cannon, First Line Lead, ICT
- Judy Asenguah, Technology Delivery Manager, ICT
- Liz Scholfield, PR and External Communications Specialist, ICT
- Anna Talletti, Building Facilities Manager, Estates