Spotlight on: Tania Bozinovska, Network Infrastructure Lead

Tania Bozinovska

As the Network Infrastructure Lead, I am responsible for the physical network infrastructure – overseeing both wired and wireless connectivity across all Imperial campuses. My primary responsibility is to ensure that the university infrastructure is well-designed to meet its evolving needs in the long term.

“The brilliant support from my colleagues and the nurturing and collaborative culture at Imperial have been instrumental in propelling me to where I am today.”

How did I get here?

I arrived in the UK at 18 with the goal of learning English, which it turns out is a lifelong pursuit😊

I studied Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and began my career in the telecoms industry, where I initially worked as a Network Planning Engineer.

Later, I joined NTT Communications (a private telecommunications company) and entered the world of data centres, where I managed colocation sites across Europe.

Tania BozinovskaAfter taking a short career break to have kids, I then ventured into uncharted territory and established my own café and catering business. What began as a “lifestyle” venture to fit in with the family, soon grew into a successful operation, which I eventually sold.

I always had the intention to go back to the tech industry and continue with my career once my children were more independent, and that is how I moved over to Imperial nine years ago.

When I first joined the Network Infrastructure Team, I encountered a steep learning curve and the challenge of balancing work and my ever-growing family commitments. However, the brilliant support from my colleagues and the nurturing and collaborative culture at Imperial have been instrumental in propelling me to where I am today!

My future aspirations

Tania BozinovskaI am excited to be involved in implementing the next-generation Wi-Fi connectivity at Imperial, which is crucial for the development of a cutting-edge digital campus.

My aspirations revolve around leveraging technology to enrich education and foster a seamless connectivity experience across the university for both students and staff.

My advice

“With determination and the right support, you can achieve your goals in the tech industry.”

Embrace challenges and be open to new opportunities, even if they seem unfamiliar.

Surround yourself with supportive colleagues and employers who believe in your potential.

Your confidence may waver, but with determination and the right support, you can achieve your goals in the tech industry.

Want to join ICT?

We have some great and diverse roles in ICT, and we are always on the look out for the best tech talent.

If you want to join our team check out our current job vacancies.

Check out our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion pages and find out about or activities to remove barriers and create a great place to work.