Spotlight on: Sara Concas, Junior Developer (Interim)

Sara Concas, Junior Developer.

“I believe that the most important thing is to be curious and open minded, and not be afraid of change, because it allows us to grow and improve.”

I’m currently on secondment with the ASK Development team as a Junior Developer after having completed the ServiceNow Bootcamp during summer 2023.

What do I love about my role?

I really enjoy working with and using the ServiceNow platform, and I hope to advance to an expert level.

How did I get here?

Sara Concas, Junior Developer. Holding a homemade cake

Years ago, my background was more focused in arts and crafts. I used to have a cake shop in Sardinia before moving to the UK about 11 years ago. After working as a cake designer for four years in London, I decided to change my career path to concentrate on IT.

I began as a junior first line analyst in an investment bank before being given the chance to work in asset management. This gave me the opportunity to get a job at Imperial in a similar position. Alongside this, I resumed my academic studies to obtain a BA degree, which I completed during the pandemic.

My influences

My younger sister and one of my friends motivated me to change careers. They both helped me to realise that I did not have to limit myself and to think outside the box.

Managing a work-life balance

I love starting new activities and some of my favourite hobbies are knitting and crocheting and studying new languages.

My advice

If you’re interested in technology, start with the basics and figure out which area you want to specialise in. It is such a broad field that you will be able to pick a path that aligns with your goals.

I believe that the most important thing is to be curious, open minded, and not be afraid of change, because it allows us to grow and improve.

Want to join ICT?

We have some great and diverse roles in ICT, and we are always on the look out for the best tech talent.

If you want to join our team check out our current job vacancies.

Check out our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion pages and find out about or activities to remove barriers and create a great place to work.