Mary O Kenneth, Research Postgraduate, Department of Computing

Mary O Kenneth

“I am excited about delving deeper into the world of AI, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible”

My journey has been a thrilling ride through the realms of technology and academia. Starting with a BSc in Computer Science at the Federal University of Lafia, Nigeria, and then earning an MTech at the Federal University of Technology Minna, my pursuit of knowledge has been relentless. Currently, I am immersed in the world of artificial intelligence as a PhD candidate and Graduate Teaching Assistant at Imperial, wearing multiple hats from demystifying the magic of calculus to exploring the fascinating realm of AI.

My research as a PhD student is focused on the creation of an AI multimodal humour style recognition model. In an era when mental health issues are on the rise, having a system that can automatically detect the complex nature of our jokes and comprehend how they affect our wellbeing and relationships is an important step towards encouraging better mental health. This undertaking is more than just a technological problem; it marks a significant step forward in understanding and improving our daily wellbeing and social relationships.

Among Imperial’s Values, Excellence, Respect, and Innovation resonate deeply with me. They are not just words but the guiding stars in my academic and professional journey.

Professionally, I am excited about delving deeper into the world of AI, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Personally, I look forward to moments of creativity, be it in coding or spiking a volleyball on the court.

Discover more from Imperial people

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading