Under Pressure

Okay, so its week 7! Arghhh..what have I done with the last six weeks?! With exams approaching in week 10, and lectures not finishing till the end of week 9, revision has become a top priority.

The key to succeeding at Imperial is time management. Having become accustomed to leaving revision until the Easter holidays in preparation for summer exams both at Warwick and at school, it came as a bit of a shock when the programme director told us we would be examined before the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks. I have found that making notes on lectures every week and actually doing the background reading before lectures has been a great way to stay on top of things and to build understanding every week, rather than cramming in the last few weeks of term.

In all honesty, I would say that this term has been hard work, but with four core modules (out of six) out of the way I am looking forward to a more interesting second and third term. I am really looking forward to my elective courses, which I chose last week; my choices were ‘Venture Capital’, ‘Private Equity’, ‘Cases in Finance and Investments’ and ‘ Mergers and Acquisitions’. Please email me if you want more information on choosing electives.

Fortunately, the last couple weeks haven’t all been about work. Being back in London has been great. I met up with several friends last week and even had time for Lunch at Eastside with some new friends from the course. With a job offer in hand and a new flat in Notting Hill things are looking up.