The Faculty of Medicine can now be found on Twitter @FoMImperial – and we want to stand out!
So, we are launching a competition for you to design the ‘avatar‘ for the Faculty. The avatar should be iconic and standout bearing in mind that there are currently around 175million twitter users. The winner will receive a £50 amazon voucher!
The avatar of our Twitter page should be recognisable and representative of the world-leading teaching and research carried out by the Faculty of Medicine here at Imperial College London.
What you need to do:
- Design a new twitter avatar for the Faculty of Medicine which should:
- be a maximum of 250 pixels by 250 pixels
- be a maximum size of 700k
- be in JPG, GIF, PNG format
- be iconic and representative
- stand out
- be with or without text
- not include the letters ‘IC’ for Imperial College
- not be stolen (i.e. taken from another Twitter users’ page)
Examples of other Twitter avatars:
- Imperial College Union: http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1535652988/logosmall.png
- Imperial Spark: http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1163174243/570acefa-9bd0-487f-be14-4b05d50b570e.jpg
- Imperial College London: http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/75011901/twitter-icon.jpg
- Francis Crick Institute: http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1415314406/CRICK_Brandmark_01_RGB.jpg
- The Wellcome Trust: http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1195792901/Henry2010.jpg
- The Guardian Higher Education: http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1489689761/G_twitter_gdnhighered.jpg
- All entries must be sent to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Wednesday 8 February 2012
- You must have copyright for any images used and any proof of ownership should be provided
- Images obtained via the Digital Image library can be used freely (https://imageslib.cc.ic.ac.uk/BMS/index.cfm)
- No images depicting graphic medical procedures should be used
- This avatar will also to be used as the Faculty of Medicine Flickr avatar
- We have the right to suggest changes, within reason, and the original files should be provided if you are successful in winning
- You can only enter once
- This competition is open to all staff and students from the Faculty of Medicine at Imperial College London – Any entries outside of the faculty will not be considered.
- The entries will be judged by representatives from across the Faculty
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail, and the winning entry will be formally announced via Twitter and the Faculty of Medicine website
- The Faculty reserves the right to choose an alternative image should no appropriate avatar be identified by the review panel from entries received.