London Advanced Therapies is seeking applications for its Confidence in Collaboration scheme, which offers a total of £1.5m funding to stimulate new research collaborations between two or more London academic partners in cell and gene therapy. This is the second of two calls for proposals.
Funding of up to £50K per project will be awarded to provide consumables and/or equipment to pump-prime new, exciting collaborative work that has the potential to go on securing more substantial funding from UKRI, charitable funders and/or Industry.
The London Advance Therapies – Confidence in Collaboration projects will have the following attributes:
- Supporting new research collaborations in cell and gene therapy between two or more London Academic Institutions (with the aim of building cross-institutional teams)
- Applicable to pre-clinical, clinical, manufacturing and underpinning technology research (and other similar areas)
- Maximum of £50K, normally 12 months duration, supporting pump-priming/pilot research
- Funding can support directly-incurred costs, including facilities use (but not salaries)
- Applications must be led by an established academic at one of the London institutions and always involve a PI from King’s College London, University College London and /or Imperial College
- Submissions should be co-led by PIs working at two or more London Institutions.
Applications will be assessed by a cross-institutional expert panel.
Expression of Interest should be submitted by email to: email@example.com – contact us with a paragraph describing your project and we will send you an application form.
Deadline for full submission will be on 12 September 2019 – please make sure you contact us well in advance with your expression of Interest.