Jacek Grzegorzek, Ethos Centre Manager, Sports and Leisure Services

I was born in Poland, and have always been physically active and a lover of sport from a young age. I have a Master’s in Physical Education and have previously been a swimming coach. After finishing my university studies, I arrived in London to study English and fell in love with this fantastic city.

I started my role at Imperial in 2013 as a Recreation Assistant, and after receiving on-the-job training, I became a Duty Manager two years later. In 2017, I was appointed Ethos Centre Manager, and I am now responsible for the efficient day-to-day running of Ethos. My role is to deliver the sports strategy across the College within set financial parameters, to promote the benefits of sport to the broader College community, manage the operational budget for Ethos, oversee the training and development of staff, and manage expenditure by coordinating buying and group economies of scale. I have to be sure that Ethos follows best practice in terms of health and safety, licencing laws and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). My main priority is to make sure our customers are the happiest they can be.

From my first day, I knew that Imperial was the place I wanted to work. It’s full of possibilities and gives employees a chance to develop their career. I love Imperial – in my opinion, it is one of the best places to work as your hard work is recognised and valued.

Discover more from Imperial people

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading